Monday 19 April 2010

SPECIAL REPORTO - SUPERSTUDIO, MILAN. APRIL 15TH

After a good sleep and a fuzzy breakfast we headed straight back to Via Tortona for more Superstudio. Headlining the gig was FLOS, the superb lighting company. Check some of this out !






This lighting exhibit rotated through a myriad of hot colour, truly spectacular. It was called wall piercing. It certainly was. On another level, I liked the bird like feel of these lights...it reminded me of  the great Hitchcock film " the Birds"...


Many exhibitors traveled from around the globe to attend. Milan is at full tilt during the show and it is absolutely imperative to book well ahead for a decent hotel. If you are showing here, why not sleep on your stand ? ....just don't forget to tidy up a bit earlier than this lot did.


I loved being in this Tungsten lit world so early in the morning. On and on the good times rolled...








DAYLIGHT....
I needed daylight. I loved everything inside, but knew it was sunny and warm outside cause I traveled to the show some 3 hours earlier in a shirt. A nice shirt, bit skimpy for London at this time of year, but bang on for Milan. Pay attention, I told you that I went shopping on the first day.   www.aspesi.it


Once outside I traveled through a sunny industrial undergrowth and straight into a Florists shop.


First off, I thought they were growing POT.


But no, they were growing TABLES.


Beautifully fashioned from wood. With so much nothing to do, it was time for Lunch.


After lunch I visited the organizers office but there was no sign of them. Last night must have been one heck of a crazy night !


It had been great, but time had finally run out.

1. Collect bags from hotel.
2. Get to airport.
3. Get on plane.
4. London, right ? ...NO, not at all.

Nothing would ever be the same again. Icelandic volcano action had totally buggered all forms of air travel back to London.. the French rail system was on strike... there were no taxi's... and we no longer had a hotel.

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment